i386 iso images for 5.3

yitzchak.lander at us.army.mil yitzchak.lander at us.army.mil
Wed Dec 29 09:24:11 PST 2004

   hello,

   i am having problems installing 5.3 on my laptop. it is an hp
   pavillion ze5700. i am currently using windows xp home, and have
   downloaded the 5.3 release disk1 iso image to my hard drive. i have
   tried putting it on several cd's to boot from and have successfully
   made all of them (to the best of my knowlege). when i boot up though i
   get nothing but a blinking cursor . although on the disk that i made
   as a hardrive emulation i get a message that says "no operating system
   installed".

   as a note, i have a comercial disk that has 5.0 on it and it boots,
   but dosnt make it to the sysinstall menu.

   if you want more info on the 5.0 boot messages i will try to get them
   for you.

   i heard a rumor that you are located in bolder colorado and since i am
   in colorado springs i can drive up if nessasary to get my macine
   running.

   it is my intrest to learn freebsd well enugh to start contributing in
   anyway i can.

   thanks for your time,

   issac lander