FreeBSD 5.3 won't compile kernel

Alvaro J. Gurdián AJGurdian at lanoticia.com
Wed Dec 29 06:57:12 PST 2004

I used to have FreeBSD on two different boxes, each with a custom
kernel. Then I installed from scratch FreeBSD 5.3 on both boxes and it
runs well. However both show compile errors when i try to make a custom
kernel. Both show the same error. I have even tried to use rename the
file /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC as FW_KERNEL. Without making any
changes to the content I still get the same error.

Just to be clear this is a fresh install on tho separate boxes that are
returning the same error, even when compiling what is essentially a
GENERIC kernel.

here is the error part of the output:
/usr/src/gnu/lib/csu/../../../contrib/gcc/crtstuff.c:61:21: tconfig.h:
No such file or directory
In file included from
/usr/src/gnu/lib/csu/../../../contrib/gcc/crtstuff.c:64:
./tm.h:15:29: insn-constants.h: No such file or directory
./tm.h:16:25: insn-flags.h: No such file or directory
***Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/lib/csu.
***Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/lib.