FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE crashes on Dell PowerEdge 2850

Christian R. cr at it.dk
Wed Dec 29 02:26:20 PST 2004

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:50:07 -0600, you wrote:

>I think this could be a ACPI problem ....
>I had similar errors with P4 HTT cpu on intel 865 desktop board but was
>working perfectly on asus 875..
>
>Did you try without ACPI ??

The kernel conf tells me following:

#Compile acpi in statically since the module isn't built properly.Most
# machines which support large amounts of memory require acpi.
device          acpi

So it's compiled with this setting. The server has 6 GB of memory.

I have tried to disable "logical processor" and boot with the loader
option without ACPI, but the server is still crashing.