VERY slow browsing KDE

Richard Cadwalader webmaster at jimhardee.com
Tue Dec 28 17:53:40 PST 2004

Well, I tried a few DNS's that are known to be good. I tried static and
dynamic (behind the router, of course). The settings are the same in FreeBSD
as they are on the two windows PC's.

The only thing I haven't done is set it up as a DNS. I am in Windows on this
thing right now, (it's a dual boot) and I am fixing a few things that are
going to take a couple hours, so I won't be able to check my resolv.conf for
a while. But how would one go about setting up the DNS (better yet, where
would one go to find out)? How would that affect performance? How would it
affect security while running X?

Thanks!
Richard