quick help ...

andrei admin at zeyas.com
Tue Dec 28 15:34:47 PST 2004

Hi guys .... i was able to get the kde installed and i must say ... was
beyound my expectations ... but the only thing that i was unable to
get/understand is:
1. When i restart my computer i get a screen with 7 options ... i just
press enter for the defaul and it enters FreeBSD ... do i have to do
that every time i restart or there is a quicker way?
2. I don't get a logon screen i still have to log into root or andrei
and use startx (since i couldn't find sessions in login manager (under
system administration).
3. My user account which is andrei doesn't have a Gui (kde since is the
only one installed and the only one that i'll use. ... i have modified
the Xsession (added just kde) and Xsetup_0
(added /usr/local/bin/kdmdesktop) and ttys (changed the xdm to kdm) ...
 I appreciate all the help given and hopefully after getting the user to
work i'll be able to figure thinks out b myself/research more) ... Keep
up the good work (and on a personal note does gates use a *nix platform
in his house with all that shit going on there? ... i mean hell .. with
the chip installed for personal prefference the toilet might flush and
splash him) Sorry.  ... thank you