Starting Apache 2.0.52 in rc.conf under FreeBSD 5.3

Joshua Lokken joshua.lokken at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 13:58:39 PST 2004

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 22:30:13 +0100, Anthony Atkielski
<atkielski.anthony at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Bill Moran writes:
>
> BM> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/configtuning-rcng.html
> BM>
> BM> Unfortunatly, this document doesn't fully explain how /usr/local/etc/rc.d
> BM> has changed, but it's a good start nonetheless.  More can be gleaned
> BM> by following the links to other man pages, and reading the various
> BM> /etc/rc scripts themselves.
>
> I've looked at this and lots of other stuff, and I've tried lots
> of things, and I still can't get it to work.  Any chance that someone
> who has a working rc configuration for starting Apache 2.x automatically
> could show me what to place in which files, so I can build them myself?
> Supposedly the ports version of the product sets up these files.

I have apache2 working fine on FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE-p13.
In /etc/rc.conf I have a line that reads:

apache2_enable="YES"

and in /usr/local/etc/rc.d, I have:

-rwxr-x--x  1 root  wheel   183 Dec 28 13:55 000.apache2libs.sh
-rwxr-x--x  1 root  wheel  2047 Dec 28 13:55 apache2.sh

Apache2 starts normally at boot time.

--
Joshua Lokken
Open Source Advocate