Migrate from Qmail to Postfix..

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Tue Dec 28 12:37:25 PST 2004

> I want a real confirmation that you can copy the Maildir folders and move them to a different box with postfix running with the ability to continue as it was provided that the postfix was configured to use Maildir and also the domains that this mail server should accept for?

Postfix does support Maildir. I've used Maildir+Postfix+Maildrop aswell as just
Maildir+Postfix where virtual mailboxes are in maildir format. IIRC its just a
matter of having the trailing slash on mailbox paths.

The biggest problem with a qmail->postfix transition is probably converting all
the logic you may have encoded in all those .qmail files (if any).

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller at infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org