Minimal system installation

Colin J. Raven colin at kenmore.kozy-kabin.nl
Tue Dec 28 08:56:25 PST 2004

On Dec 28, Tom Vilot launched this into the bitstream:

> Colin J. Raven wrote:
>
>> How about this one...a laptop with the CD inoperable and the floppy
>> missing. The PCMCIA controller may/may_not be fried...
>

> I'm assuming built-in networking is asking too much of this poor old machine?

Sadly yes. It's either a Pentium 60 or Pentium 90. I'm ashamed to say
it, but I don't remember. What I remember is this thing cost a damn
fortune when it first came out (don't they all) and I ran a complete
company off this 'lil guy. I remember also that it went all over the
world with me. Ridiculous to say perhaps, but I almost can't bear to
throw it away if it has even the *slightest* final use before it bites
the dust.