Trouble determining configure options in ports

Parv parv at pair.com
Mon Dec 27 18:22:10 PST 2004

in message <NIECLIJFBLKHJMOALIKPKEHLCNAA.jreeder at minutemenu.com>,
wrote Jonathan Reeder thusly...

> I'm trying to install the samba3 port, and I'm having trouble
> figuring out whether or not the --with-pam config option is being
> set.  I've looked through the Makefile in /usr/ports/net/samba3,
> but I have to admit its not making all that much sense to me.

Well, looking in the Makefile, "--with-pam" configure option is
added whenever $SAMBA_SUBPORT is not defined (lines 82 & 86 of
version 1.132 2004/12/21 12:24:03).

I guess -- have no interest whatsoever to be sure -- that in your
$SAMBA_SUBPORT would not be defined as net/samba3 seems to be the
parent port.

> I guess a broader question is, how can you control the options
> that you could normally set in ./configure when installing via
> ports?

One scans for one of $CONFIGURE_ARGS, $CONFIGURE_ENV, $MAKE_ARGS or
similar variables.  Edit their content as desired.  Optionally,
make options out of your edits and send a unified diff patch via
send-pr.

If they are missing, then, /i/ would most likely run "make extract"
in the port's directory; change to the extracted source directory;
run "./configure" w/ desired options; cd -; run "make
(build|install|package)" as appropriate.  Done.

  - Parv