Wine 20041201 on FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE

Matthew Bluestone matthew.bluestone at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 20:13:20 PST 2004

I am running FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE, Xorg 6.8.1 (portupgraded today), and
KDE 3.3.3 (portupgraded today).  My ports tree was updated yesterday.

I am trying to run Wine, and I have the 20041201 port.  The release
notes say that it now runs under FreeBSD 5.3.  While Wine's doc
suggests that a kernel patch may be necessary, the discussion on this
at http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=73092 suggests that that
is not the case and that Wine itself has been patched.

Incidentally, I am only bothering with all this in order to run the
Party Poker client, which is listed on winehq as running
(http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?appId=1567;whq_appdb=acc45b9fbc40a720bb99098126f77753)

I successfully did
# make
and
# make install
on the wine port, and I have set up a link to a directory that
functions as "c:", the subdirectories within it, and the
~/.wine/config file as suggested in the documentation.  wineserver
runs, but my Windows application crashes, as follows:

-> wine PartyPokerSetup.exe
fixme:file:get_default_drive_device auto detection of DOS devices not
supported on this platform
fixme:ntdll:NtQueryVolumeInformationFile device info not properly
supported on this platform
err:heap:HEAP_CreateSystemHeap system heap base address 0x80000000 not available
fixme:ntdll:NtQueryVolumeInformationFile device info not properly
supported on this platform
err:heap:HEAP_CreateSystemHeap system heap base address 0x80000000 not available
=== mlb at blue5 (/dev/ttyp3) ~/.wine/wine-c/Program Files 70 ->
err:msvcrt:split_oflags :unsupported oflags 0x8121