a quick question ...

andrei admin at zeyas.com
Sun Dec 26 16:43:48 PST 2004

Hi, my name is Andrei and I have recently purchased FreeBSD from BSDMall and
I ran into few problems. I am a windows user but i have some experince in
Linux BUT, I got rid of my windows machine and installed FreeBDS. After the
install for some reason i log into root and i use the startx command since i
get no GUI interface and i get 3 pannels (light green bar and white
background and a clock at the top (it looks like a 16 bit OS or something).
Can you tell me what could be wrong ... any help will be apreciated. (i am
gladly getting rid of windows and i am probably not give up easily that is
why i would like some help) ... Thank you for the time taken to read my
email and helping me. My system is 3.06Ghz intel, all in wonder ati 9700
pro, 200Gb WD, 1Gb ram, cd-rw 52x24x52, dvd-rw 4x2x32, sound blaster audigy
2.