Netgear MA111 wifi card with Project Evil

Nikolas Britton freebsd at nbritton.org
Sun Dec 26 14:16:50 PST 2004

Shahar Yuval wrote:

>Wonderful... is there any alternative?
>Is it possible to borrow OpenBSD's wi module?

No, I was only talking about getting it to work on windows, god forbid
you even attempt to try it with BSD  =-O , Maybe I just had a lemon, but
I can tell you that I will never buy any wireless gear from them again.
As far as Wireless USB networking, I won't be trying that again for a
long long time. I'll stick with the tried and true WAP11, WET11*, and
PCMCIA/PCI Wireless networking gear thank you very much.

*Linksys WET11 (Wireless to Ethernet bridge), I would recommend this in
a heart beat, I had one of those in a 3 dollar plastic container all the
way up in a tree (wasn't my idea) for a year before It gave out. I live
in northern Illinois and it gets very cold in the winter and very hot
(humid) in the summer here, when I took it down from the tree the blue
Linksys color was completely faded to gray. I had no major problems with
it, and even after it gave out I managed to savage the PCMCIA Prism 3
card plus antenna assembly (did I tell yea the range on it, 200m
NearLOS) from it and am using it to this day as my AP at home. I give
this product 6 out of 5 stars.