make.conf file & CPUTYPE?

Gerard Seibert gerard-seibert at rcn.com
Sat Dec 25 17:17:01 PST 2004

When I ran 'buildkernel' as well as 'buildworld', I used
the 'CPUTYPE?=i686' directive in the 'make.conf' file. I was wondering if
it is correct to leave it in the 'make.conf' file now that I am finished
building a new kernel and updating the system. Would I be better off if I
just removed it, or changed it to 'CPUTYPE=i686'. I assumed that the '?'
was just for the 'buildworld' procedure.

Thanks in advance.

Gerard Seibert
gerard-seibert at rcn.com

My formula for success is rise early, work late, and strike oil.

 	-- J. Paul Getty