Partitioning issues

Kövesdán Gábor gabor.kovesdan at freemail.hu
Sat Dec 25 13:06:34 PST 2004

Hi,

I tried to install FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE on an amd64 system, which have got a
RAID5 array, consisting of 3 disks. Thus the entire hd capacity is about
300GB, but the installer was unable to create a partition, that was bigger
than some mbytes. The cd is not an official disk, I created this, but I
could install it on my machine (without raid). The kernel was a simple
GENERIC kernel. Please help me, I'm very afraid of this issue, because I
must administer this server and it must be okay in two weeks.

Thanx,
Merry XMas,

Gabor Kovesdan