glxgears

Peter Harmsen pharmsen at horizon.nl
Sat Dec 25 09:21:15 PST 2004

I have a FreeBSD box on a Elitegroup K7S5A mobo with a Asus TI4200 AGP 8x graphics card and AMD 512 MB sdram XP2000+ CPU.I get 3600 FPS with glxgears after i recompiled the kernel without agp and tweaked the Nvidia driver source a little.On a Linux box with AMD XP2500+ CPU with 1024 MB ddr and FX5700 card i only get 3200 FPS with glxgears.Quite remarkable to say the least.

Does anyone have a clue why this could have happened?

Merry Christmas and a good NewYear to everybody!