Using Exim with FBSD 5.3

Joshua Lokken joshua.lokken at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 11:11:32 PST 2004

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 14:05:30 -0500, Joe Altman <fj at panix.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 24, 2004 at 12:31:37PM -0600, Joshua Lokken wrote:

> > > <snip>

> > > Where do you see this:
> > >
> > > sendmail_enable="NONE" labelled as deprecated? That doesn't appear to
> > > be the case, in the documentation I have accessed.
> >
> > I 'see this' in man rc.sendmail(8):
> >
> > sendmail_enable
> >     (str) If set to ``YES'', run the sendmail(8) daemon at system
> >     boot time.  If set to ``NO'', do not run a sendmail(8) daemon to
> >     listen for incoming network mail. This does not preclude a
> >     sendmail(8) daemon listening on the SMTP port of the loopback
> >     interface.  The ``NONE'' option is deprecated and should not be
> >     used.  It will be removed in a future release.
>
> You mean this man rc.sendmail?
>
> RC.SENDMAIL(8)          FreeBSD System Manager's Manual

Yes, man rc.sendmail(8).  I guess I'm really not sure what your
malfunction is, Joe.  What do you not understand about
'deprecated' and 'will be removed in a future release'?  BTW, I
really don't care to discuss it any further; if you have any
additional information for the OP, by all means, give it.
Otherwise, have a happy holiday, and drop it.

--
Joshua Lokken
Open Source Advocate