Using Exim with FBSD 5.3

Joe Altman fj at panix.com
Fri Dec 24 10:18:00 PST 2004

On Fri, Dec 24, 2004 at 10:31:40AM -0600, Joshua Lokken wrote:
> > "comm/JT" <comm at rwx.ca> writes:
> >
> > > Just a quick question, I was wondering if anyone had some documentation to
> > > fully move from sendmail to exim on a 5.3 machine. I have tried this and
> > > seemed to have failed, just wondering if I am using an old and outdated
> > > document.
<snip>

> Although this is deprecated.  Please use the following rather
> than sendmail_enable="NONE":
>
> sendmail_enable="NO"
> sendmail_submit_enable="NO"
> sendmail_outbound_enable="NO"
> sendmail_msp_queue_enable="NO"

Where do you see this:

sendmail_enable="NONE" labelled as deprecated? That doesn't appear to
be the case, in the documentation I have accessed.

To the OP: the query you make is an FAQ, and the basic answers are in
the Exim documentation, with a specific section on FreeBSD. You can
find the answers by installing the HTML docs via the port, or at
exim.org. Do you have the docs for exim installed on your local
machine? The two questions you will likely need are 9201 and 9202, as
well as the handbook documentation telling you how to change your
MTA. That is in chapter 22.