Pioneer DVR-108 can burn DVDs, can't mount them!

David Vincelli micologist at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 08:57:16 PST 2004

That's exactly what I mean (I can't mount any DVDs at all). I tried
with both devices, they both fail. mount: Input/Output error. I'll try
with dma disabled on atapi devices (I assume hw.ata.atpai_dma="0"
means disable dma for atapi devices) when I have access to the box -
it's at work and the office is closed.

I think some chipset on my motherboard is left uncofigured though.
I'll post the dmesg when I get back to work (jan 3rd). I'll also post
that lovely error message.

Thanks for your help.

--
David Vincelli