No Gnome Text

Donald Perkovich donp at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 23 20:41:48 PST 2004

I installed gimp from ports and was very suprised to see that it looks
fine.  It has all the text in the menus and everywhere.

I am not sure how reliable this is for dependency checking, but I found
that a 'make clean' will try to clean all the ports on which it depends.
This seems to produces a nice list of port dependencies.  What I noticed
was that gimp does not use pango and that everything that has a problem
does.  So I think the problem lies here somewhere.  I tried to update it
in hopes that the new set up would maybe fix whatever went wrong.  Silly
me.  Now I have a library dependecy problem and gnome-session fails on a
pango lib dependency.

I have my use data backed up, so now my question is: How do I completely
remove gnome so I can reinstall it?  (To solve/avoid any and all
dependency issues.)

Don