darcs and ghc building

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Thu Dec 23 09:51:18 PST 2004

> Does anyone know what is wrong with the ghc port?  When trying to build darcs,
> I get:
>
> ===>   darcs-0.9.23 depends on executable: ghc - not found
> ===>    Verifying install for ghc in /usr/ports/lang/ghc
> ===>  ghc-6.2.1 is marked as broken: Does not compile on FreeBSD >= 5.x.

Without doing any investigation, I'll say that i recently installed darcs and
ghc on a 5.3 system without difficulties, so it seems weird that it would be
disabled.

However it *WAS* a problem trying to get it to install on 5.2 due to the
ghc bootstrap binary depending on a version of a library that is not in
5.2. Either something has happened which means ghc is no longer working, or
perhaps it was incorrectly marked as broken due to the issue on versions below 5.3?

Though - I just noticed you are installing 6.2.1. 6.2.2 is the one I have installed.
Have you tried updating your ports tree? Perhaps the issue, whatever it is, is fixed
in 6.2.2.

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller at infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org