Effective ipfw rules for blocking MSN Messenger ... ?

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Thu Dec 23 08:55:57 PST 2004

I just setup a FreeBSD box for a router, so that I could make use of ipfw
to block MSN Messenger traffic ... but I'm having a bugger of a time
finding a "definitive" list of what needs to be blocked :(

MSN Messenger appears to be smart enough to go *around* the usual port
1863 and onto port 80 if it needs to ...

Can someone that has successfully done this using ipfw send me a list of
rules, since obviously I'm not catching it :(

Thanks ...

----