perl.core files in almost every dir

cpghost at cordula.ws cpghost at cordula.ws
Wed Dec 22 10:24:14 PST 2004

On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 10:52:15AM -0600, Chris Bearden wrote:
> Has anybody ever seen perl.core files in a good number of the directories in
> FreeBSD? I'm running 5.3.
>
> They are all nearly 3 megs in size. And as far as I can tell, perl runs just
> fine. I'm executing scripts without any problems.
>
> And my messages log doesn't show anything about it, except for another
> perl.core file existing in the /var/log dir as well!

This can happen, when a script uses a broken perl extension module.
It's not necessarily perl's fault. Try to identify the script that
triggers those coredumps, then look at the extension modules used
by that script. You may then want to recompile (an updated version of)
the extension module, so that it matches the version of your current
perl installation.

Good luck.

> Chris Bearden

Cheers,