Explore FreeBSD filesystem under Windows?

Nikolas Britton freebsd at nbritton.org
Wed Dec 22 10:02:12 PST 2004

Peter Risdon wrote:

> P. B. S. wrote:
>
>> How can I do that?
>> explore2fs is for ext2/3 only.
>

> IIRC, explore2fs is a software utility that allows you to mount Linux
> ext2/3 drives directly on a Windows box. There's no similar utility
> for UFS. So you can't.
>
> You can, however, mount them across a network from a running FreeBSD
> machine, as has been noted already.
>
> Peter.

Being that BSD is under a BSD lic. how come no ones made a ufs/ufs2
driver for windows yet? a lot of other stuff was riped from BSD like the
network stack etc and put into windows, so I'm sure it can't be that
hard (but harder then I can handle, heck I'm not even a programmer, just
a Perl junky).

It would be usefull for people dual booting, migrating to BSD (and from?
lol), and doing large data transfers.