phpMyAdmin 2.6.1-rc1 cant create database

Noah admin2 at enabled.com
Tue Dec 21 09:04:49 PST 2004

> > I dont think that is the answer.  I forgot to add that root has all
privelegdes.

> Remember that MySQL counts "root" @ "localhost" as a different
> account to "root" @ "someotherhostname" -- and the question is,
>  which account are you actually using via phpMyAdmin?
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	Matthew

Here is what I am seeing from the priveledges.  I am seeing both a root
account for the localhost and a root account for the local_hostname - which is
the actually name of the machine.  WHat else shoudl I check here?

--- snip ---

 	root  	localhost  	Yes  	 ALL PRIVILEGES   	Yes  	Edit Privileges
	root 	<local_hostname> 	Yes 	ALL PRIVILEGES 	Yes 	Edit Privileges

--- snip ---

cheers,

Noah