CVS Source and Tarball

Nicholas Ink ink at quantescape.com
Mon Dec 20 18:25:00 PST 2004

    Does anyone know of a location where the /entire /FreeBSD source
code can be downloaded in a tarball, for example?
    While CVS is an effective tool, I was recently using it to get the
source on my Windows XP machine when it told me that some of the
filenames were incompatible with the NT file system.  Is there a good
way to remedy this?  I would like to look at the source on my XP
machine, but it is exceedingly difficult.  What would be the best way to
go about doing this?

    Thanks.