No pear

Dan Kilbourne bsd-lists at netophilia.net
Mon Dec 20 06:13:34 PST 2004

M?rio Gamito extolled:

> Hi Dan,
>
> I'm not that stupid, thank you.

Did I say you were stupid? You asked for help, and I offered it. The
polite thing to do, if you have already attempted the help I offered,
would be to simply say:

"Thank you Dan, but I have already tried to do what you said, and for
some reason decided not to include that fact in my original request for
help. Thank you for taking time out of your day to attempt to help me."

> I'm just a Linux system's administrator for about 7/8 years, trying to
> switch to FreeBSD, where everything is so equal, yet so different.

Congrats - it takes some time, but is well worth moving away from Linux
IMHO.

> I did an "find /usr/ports -name '*pear*' -print" and found nothing.

Found nothing? Or nothing useful? I find 105 things doing that exact
same command:

drk:drk:[9:06am]:~> find /usr/ports -name '*pear*' -print | wc -l
     105
drk:drk:[9:06am]:~>

> Thanks for the tip of searching.

No problem.

P.S. Please do not top quote. It makes the flow of conversation harder
to follow. Check http://www.lemis.com/email/email-tidiness.html

--
___
Dan