(cvsup newbie questions)

Joshua Lokken joshua.lokken at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 06:08:55 PST 2004

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 21:09:00 -0600, Nikolas Britton
<freebsd at nbritton.org> wrote:
> Joshua Tinnin wrote:
>

> >Well, if you build a port with make options once, then it will remember
> >your make options. Otherwise, you can enter make arguments
> >in /etc/pkgtools.conf, although this only helps if you know what
> >arguments the ports you're installing might need.
> >

> What do you mean it "remembers" what make options I used... if I do a
> portupgrade it without setting MAKE_ARGS in pkgtools.conf it will
> remember my make options from the last time I built it? Also how to I
> make it "unremember" make options I don't want anymore?

I don't know about that.  If I want portupgrade to use custom make flags,
I specify them in /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf.  To remove options from a
previous build,  you can do:

# rm /var/db/ports/<portname>/options

> Also, semi related, whats this "Generating INDEX-5 - please wait.."
> thing and why does it take an hour for it to generate?

The machine is building the ports collection INDEX-5 file from the
make describe output of all of the ports.  You can simplify this process
by doing 'make fetchindex' after you cvsup each time.

--
Joshua Lokken
Open Source Advocate