installing bsd on a laptop

Peter N. M. Hansteen peter at bgnett.no
Mon Dec 20 04:27:31 PST 2004

NathanKelly31 at aol.com writes:

> hello, do you know of any laptop brands that can run freebsd or openbsd that
> is available to purchase???

I'm typing this on a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo D 1840W running FreeBSD 5.3.

Everything 'Just Worked', the only part of the X config I needed to do
manually was the one-line ZAxisMapping magic to make the touchpad's
scroll strip (similar to mouse wheel) work. Then again that was
cut&pasteable from somewhere else. Everything else pretty much just
automagically worked.