why can't I access ftp.freebsd.org/pub/freebsd/distfiles?

Eric F Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Sun Dec 19 18:51:46 PST 2004

On Dec 19, 2004, at 8:47 PM, Dan Nelson wrote:

> In the last episode (Dec 19), Eric F Crist said:
>> My network seems to be fine, yet I can't access distfiles.   Anyone
>> have any ideas?
>
> You didn't give us the error message, so I will put my magic hat on and
> extract it from your subconscious:
>
>    550 No such directory.
>
> Try /pub/FreeBSD/distfiles instead.
>

> --
> 	Dan Nelson
> 	dnelson at allantgroup.com

Actually, if I browse to it with an FTP client, I get an error that it
can't find the directory distfiles (server unavailable).  This is the
error I get when trying to install things from the ports tree right
now, or use an FTP client.

thanks for the reply.
Eric F Crist                  "I am so smart, S.M.R.T!"
Secure Computing Networks              -Homer J Simpson