nvnet port building problem

Bozhidar Batsov lordbad at e-card.bg
Sat Dec 18 00:36:36 PST 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 10:10 -0600, Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. wrote:
> Bozhidar Batsov wrote:
>
> >Kevin Kinsey wrote:

> >>Are you sure this is the right Makefile?  The "OSTYPE" string
> >>isn't in the one you posted, which I assume is
> >>"/usr/ports/net/nvnet/Makefile".
> >>
> >>Is there a "work" directory now under /usr/ports/net/nvnet?
> >>If there is, go into that directory and look for "Makefiles"
> >>under it and any subdirs that may exist.  This is the port
> >>build that's failing, not the port Make itself....
> >>
> >>HTH,
> >>
> >>Kevin Kinsey
> >>

> >Yes, you were right. Here is the real problematic Makefile in the word
> >subfolder:
> >include <Makefile.inc>
> >
> >if ${OSTYPE} == "FreeBSD"
> >if ${OSVERSION} < 480100 || ${OSVERSION} >= 500000 && ${OSVERSION} <
> >501000
> >include <Makefile.inc>
> >
> >if ${OSTYPE} == "FreeBSD"
> >if ${OSVERSION} < 480100 || ${OSVERSION} >= 500000 && ${OSVERSION} <
> >501000
> >all:
> >        @echo "Systems prior to FreeBSD 4.9 & 5.1 are not supported"
> >        @exit 1;
> >endif
> >endif
> >
> >if !exists(${.CURDIR}/../nforce/nvnet)
> >all:
> >        @echo "You need to extract the NVIDIA Linux driver source into
> >${.CURDIR:C/\/[^\/]*$//g}";
> >        @exit 1;
> >endif
> >
> >afterinstall:
> >        @echo
> >        @echo "Installation of the NVIDIA nForce MCP network driver for
> >FreeBSD is"
> >        @echo "now compelete. Please update your /etc/rc.conf file as
> >appropriate; see"
> >        @echo "the README file for details."
> >        @echo
> >
> >include <bsd.subdir.mk>
> >
> >It seems intact to me, but I guess it isn't...
> >

> No, I'd guess it isn't; notice that it start with about 4
> "ifs" but only has 2 "endifs".  I'm not sure why those
> first two lines are there at all AAMOF; try the attached
> file (move your original for safekeeping and put this
> one in the work subdir with the same name as the
> original) and let us know what happens.
>
> Kevin Kinsey
I must have erred while pasting the contents of the Makefile, because it
doesn't have those first two lines in it, I assure you. Otherwise I
would have surely noticed that the conditions were mismatched. However I
deleted the entire condition block in the makefile since it doesn't
apply to my system at all and the port did finally built and is
currently installed. I kldload-ed the if_nv.ko but the driver does not
detect my embeded ethernet adapter. ifconfig shows that the same
adapters are present as they were before. Any ideas how should I
proceed, maybe switch po Project Evil and go for some windows emulation
of the drivers?