combining 2 ADSL Lines

Hexren me at hexren.net
Fri Dec 17 18:40:58 PST 2004

AN> The basic problem is that each ISP is only going to route traffic to
AN> the IP address they provide you. Since it's highly unlikley that both
AN> providers are providing the same IP you have to use NAT. When you send
AN> traffic out of your network, it has to originate from one or ther
AN> other IP address and response traffic is only going to come back to
AN> that IP address, thus only using that DSL line. You can certainly send
AN> the next connection out the other DSL line, but again, it will only
AN> use that one DSL line.

Could this not be circumvented by using a server in the
Internet as second Gateway. If I route all traffic (both lines) from my LAN Gateway
through a VPN to a second Gateway NAT it there and only then go to the Internet.
The Net should just see the second Gateways IP. Or am I talking crap ?
*a bit confused here*

Hexren