Interrupt storm on FreeBSD 5.3

Daniel S. Haischt me at daniel.stefan.haischt.name
Fri Dec 17 15:52:12 PST 2004

Hello,

Lowell Gilbert schrieb:
> "Daniel S. Haischt" <me at daniel.stefan.haischt.name> writes:
>

>>I am getting the following error message during
>>the boot process after having compiled a custom
>>kernel for FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p1.
>>
>>----8<--------8<--------8<-------8<-----8<-----
>>Interrupt storm detected on "irq11: ohci+";
>>throtteling interrupt source
>>---->8-------->8-------->8------->8----->8-----
>

> Are you using OHCI?  Disable it if you're not.

The problem here is, if disabling USB (OHCI) in the
bios, the interrupt storm appears in conjuction
with the device atkbd ...

... so the interrupt storm remains - no matter what
I am doing.

>>Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad4s2a
>>warning: KLD '/boot/kernel.save/ipfw.ko' is newer than the linker.hints file
>>ipfw2 initialized, divert disabled, rule-based forwarding disabled, default to deny, logging disabled
>>Accounting enabled
>>warning: KLD '/boot/kernel.save/linux.ko' is newer than the linker.hints file
>

> Looks like you haven't really updated everything...

That message is a result of booting using the old
GENERIC kernel (actually it is called kernel.save/kernel).

If I am using the new kernel I am not getting these
error messages. But then, unfortunatly, I am getting
the interrupt storm message :(

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With kind regards

Daniel S. Haischt   | phone:    +49 -7032-992909
Grabenstrasse 11    |           +49 -700-DHAISCHT
                     | fax:      +49 -7032-992910
D-71083 Herrenberg  | fax2mail: +49 -7032-7999738
GERMANY             | cell:     +49 -172-7668936

SIP:   sip:haischt at daniel-s-haischt.biz:5060
email: me at daniel.stefan.haischt.name
web:   http://www.daniel.stefan.haischt.name/