LSI 1030 SCSI controller and FreeBSD 5.3

martin hudec corwin at aeternal.net
Fri Dec 17 07:12:26 PST 2004

Hello,

I have read discussion in freebsd-scsi mailing list about LSI 1030
controller giving poor performance in IM (RAID1) mode with mpt driver.

What is current status of mpt driver?

I'm considering to buy server equipped with LSI 53C1030 SCSI controller
and I want to have disks in RAID1 mode, so I would be glad if I would
not run into same thing - poor performance.

Server is Fujitsu Siemens Primergy TX200F with Zerochannel 48MB RAID
controller combined with above mentioned controller.

	cheers,

	Martin

--
martin hudec

   * 421 907 303 393
   * corwin at aeternal.net
   * http://www.aeternal.net

"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible
exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws."

   Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"