postfix & mysql 4.0.22

Cristi Tauber cristi.tauber at sbhost.ro
Thu Dec 16 23:43:22 PST 2004

       Hello people,

  I have a little problem setting up postfix with mysql. My ports.cvs
looks like this :

madalina# cat /root/ports.cvs
*default host=cvsup7.freebsd.org

*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default compress

*default delete use-rel-suffix

ports-all

-------------

          I cvsup'ed to get the latest ports. I installed mysql server
4.0.22. Now i try to install postfix with mysql backend. So :

cd /usr/ports/mail/postfix

  make install

and i get this error :

===>  Installing for mysql-client-3.23.58_3

===>  mysql-client-3.23.58_3 conflicts with installed package(s):
      mysql-client-4.0.22

      They install files into the same place.
      Please remove them first with pkg_delete(1).
*** Error code 1

      but i got mysql 4.0.22 not 3.xx so i try with this :

make install WITH_MYSQL_VER=4.0.22

but i get ...

===>  postfix-2.1.5_1,1 is marked as broken: unknown MySQL version:
4.0.22.

        the same happens with postfix-current .  What's wrong with my
installation ?

                 Thank you,

                      Cristi

This message and its contents have been scanned and certified for
transmission as being free from malicious code by <<eTrust Antivirus>>. This
message may contain confidential, privileged or other legally protected
information. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the
addressee, or someone the addressee authorized to receive this message, you
are prohibited from copying, distributing or otherwise using it. Please
notify the sender and return it.Thank you.