vim-enhanced

Pablo Allietti pablo at lacnic.net
Thu Dec 16 10:29:20 PST 2004

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 08:19:54PM +0200, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

yep i compiled with this functions but for example

i edited a document with vim-enhanced and save it, at the next time i
open it the cursos appears in the line when i was saved.

and i can move with the cursors in edit mode. when i press the cursors
in edit mode appears letters like D A etc etc

> On 2004-12-16 20:10, Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at ceid.upatras.gr> wrote:

> > > i recently install vim 63 but i need vim enhanced if exist :)
> >
> > That depends on what "enhancement" is.  What are the extra features of
> > vim-enhanced in Fedora?
>
> Nevermind, I found it...  The enhancements of vim-enhanced in Fedora are
> support for Perl, Python scripting and the fancy graphical vim GUI (gvim).
>
> You can enable any or all of these in FreeBSD by building the port with
> one or more of the following options:
>
> 	For scripting:
> 	==============
>
> 	WITH_PERL	Support for scripting vim in Perl is included.
>
> 	WITH_PYTHON	Support for scripting vim in Python.
>
> 	WITH_RUBY	Support for scripting vim in Ruby.
>
> 	WITH_TCL	Support for scripting vim in TCL.
>
> 	For a graphical UI:
> 	===================
>
> 	WITH_ATHENA	Use the MIT/Athena widgets for gvim.
>
> 	WITH_GTK2	Use plain GTK 2.x widgets for gvim.
>
> 	WITH_GNOME	Use the full-blown Gnome support for gvim.
>
> 	WITH_MOTIF	Use the Motif X11 widgets.
>
> Scripting support for multiple languages may be included without
> problems IIRC.  The GUI options are mutually exclusive though.
>
> - Giorgos

---end quoted text---

--

Pablo Allietti