Kernel configuration

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Thu Dec 16 08:55:04 PST 2004

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 11:42:02AM -0500, Leon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm installing a BSD, and by documentation what provided, on the beginning of installation I should see "Kernel Configuration" screen. But after the system buts from my CD, it bring me to the "Sysinstall Main Menu". It skip "Kernel Conf."
>
> Should I configurate a Kernel?
> If yes, how can a get to this screen?

The documentation apparently refers to an older branch of FreeBSD
(4.x), and you're installing 5.x.  Most people don't need to disable
or change device settings in order to boot FreeBSD, but if you do, you
can set the appropriate hint.* variable at the loader prompt when you
boot for the first time, and then customize the settings permanently
in /boot/device.hints.

Kris