Support for PERC4e/Di and 4e/Si

Martin Hepworth martinh at solid-state-logic.com
Thu Dec 16 01:05:02 PST 2004

Clay

have you tried booting from the first CD. I think the floppy based
kernel is cut down a little to save space, so it may not have the
required driver on it.

If you can't boot from the CD (like bios won't support it), you'll have
to build you own floppy images with the perc 4e driver in that kernel.
See the hnadbook for how to do this..

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Clay_Cooper at Dell.com wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> The amr driver man page @
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=amr&apropos=0&sektion=4&manpath
> =FreeBSD+4.10-stable&format=html
> Claims support for PERC4e/Di and Si in 4.10-stable.
>
> However when I download the floppies from
> ftp://snapshots.jp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i386/4.10-STABLE-20
> 041117-JPSNAP/floppies/     and boot from them, the hardware is not
> recognized.  Is there a minimum version of 4.10-stable I need to be
> using or possibly a patch that I could apply?
>
> Thanks in advance for your assistance.
>

> Clay Cooper
> PG Custom Solutions Engineering
> Clay_Cooper at Dell.com