Status of java support in FreeBSD 5.x release?

rain cip raincip at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 15 23:15:54 PST 2004

Thanks for the tip!  And, yes, the bad first line in
the Currency?.java file is still there!  Has anyone
submitted a bug report to the port maintainer?  I
cvsup my port tree just 5 hours ago before starting
compiling /usr/ports/jdk14.  Can't believe the
problem still hasn't been fixed. :-(

one question though.  I followed the suggestion
in the pkg message that says:

# kldload linprocfs

and

# mount -t linprocfs linprocfs /compat/linux/proc

Is this just a one time procedure for compiling
the jdk or do I have to do something permanent
in the kernel configuration?

rain

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-newbies/2004-October/002551.html

http://weather.noaa.gov/radar/mosaic.loop/DS.p19r0/ar.us.conus.shtml,