make package don't build package

epilogue epilogue at allstream.net
Wed Dec 15 09:58:15 PST 2004

> pkg_create -- i can't use becose I need create package recursively,
> but I don't find in man page for this tool options for recursively.

hello again alexandr,

to my knowledge, such a switch does not exist.

you can 'pkg_deinstall -R fooport' and then 'make package fooport' but,
because you'll have to recompile everything, that is probably going to
take quite a bit longer than this other way...

pkg_info -r audacity\*
Information for audacity-1.2.3:

Depends on:
Dependency: pkgconfig-0.15.0_1
Dependency: freetype2-2.1.7_4
Dependency: perl-5.8.5
Dependency: expat-1.95.8
Dependency: fontconfig-2.2.3,1
Dependency: jpeg-6b_3
Dependency: libiconv-1.9.2_1
Dependency: png-1.2.7
Dependency: glib-1.2.10_11
Dependency: imake-6.7.0_2
Dependency: xorg-libraries-6.7.0_3
Dependency: gettext-0.13.1_1
Dependency: libogg-1.1.2,3
Dependency: libvorbis-1.1.0,3
Dependency: libmad-0.15.1b_1
Dependency: libxml2-2.6.16
Dependency: bitstream-vera-1.10
Dependency: tiff-3.7.0_2
Dependency: xorg-fonts-encodings-6.7.0
Dependency: libXft-2.1.6
Dependency: glib-2.4.8
Dependency: xorg-fonts-truetype-6.7.0
Dependency: shared-mime-info-0.15_1
Dependency: gtk-1.2.10_12
Dependency: atk-1.8.0
Dependency: pango-1.6.0
Dependency: hicolor-icon-theme-0.5
Dependency: wxgtk-common-2.4.2_1
Dependency: gtk-2.4.14_1
Dependency: wxgtk2-2.4.2_5

...then simply 'pkg_create -b each_port_listed_above'.  if you are good
with awk/sed (or another scripting language) you should be able to
automate this procedure.

and if you're good at coding, perhaps you'd like to submit a patch for a
switch which enables pkg_create -b work recursively.  (i too wouldn't
mind see that feature added ;)

cheers,
epi