Building custom kernel - 'make' fails in FreeBSD 5.3

Fred Patmore freefred at bluebottle.com
Wed Dec 15 08:47:46 PST 2004

Miguel Mendez wrote:

>>On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:14:48 +0100
>>Fred Patmore <freefred at bluebottle.com> wrote:
>>
>>Hi,
>>

>>>but I get the following error messages when doing 'make'
>>>
>>>[root at whitemoon /usr/src/sys/i386/compile/C-KERNEL#] make
>>>linking kernel
>>
>>[...]
>>
>>>: undefined reference to `xpt_done'
>>>umass.o(.text+0x233f): more undefined references to `xpt_done' follow
>>>*** Error code 1
>>

>>Yes, it's explained in the GENERIC config file:
>>
>>device          umass           # Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da
>>                                                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>>Cheers,
>
>On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:14:48 +0100
>Fred Patmore <freefred at bluebottle.com> wrote:
>
>Hi,
>

>>but I get the following error messages when doing 'make'
>>
>>[root at whitemoon /usr/src/sys/i386/compile/C-KERNEL#] make
>>linking kernel
>>

>[...]
>

>>: undefined reference to `xpt_done'
>>umass.o(.text+0x233f): more undefined references to `xpt_done' follow
>>*** Error code 1
>>

>Yes, it's explained in the GENERIC config file:
>
>device          umass           # Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da
>
>Cheers,

Ack !
I eyeballed areas where Ive made some changes several times and
completely ignore the others due to "I didnt touch it so they should be
trouble-free" mentality. Should have just searched for 'umass' :-(
Guess this is why some say 99% of users are users :-)

Thanks for your help, its compiling neatly this time !

Fred P.
<freefred at bluebottle.com>