php4 install has conflicts

Noah admin2 at enabled.com
Tue Dec 14 16:17:22 PST 2004

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 10:04:52 +1030, Ian Moore wrote
> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:55, you wrote:
> > On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:30, Noah wrote:
> > > On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:52:53 -0800, Derrick Ryalls wrote

> > > I think I am following you correctly here?
> > >
> > > --- snip ---
> > >
> > > # portupgrade -N mod_php4-4.3.9_1,1
> > > # make install clean
> > > ===>  Installing for php4-4.3.9_1
> > >
> > > ===>  php4-4.3.9_1 conflicts with installed package(s):
> > >       mod_php4-4.3.5_7,1
> > >       mod_php4-4.3.6_1,1
> > >       mod_php4-4.3.8_2,1
> > >       mod_php4-4.3.9_1,1
> > >
> > >       They install files into the same place.
> > >       Please remove them first with pkg_delete(1).
> > > *** Error code 1
> > >
> > > Stop in /usr/ports/lang/php4.
> > >
> > > --- snip ---
> >
> > Try portupgrade -rR php4\*
> > The -N flag is for installing new packages, not upgrading existing ones.
> > -rR should resolve all dependencies above & below php4. That should also
> > remove all the old versions .
> >
> Oops,
> I shouldn't answer things before I've woken up properly!
> I missed the fact you had mod_php installed rather than php.
> I believe you need to pkg_delete mod_php and then install php, since
> the Makefile for mod_php says: CONFLICTS=      php4-4* php4-cli-4*
> php4-cgi-4*

Okay, so I remove mod_php, huh - and then reinstall it?

take a look at this.  how do I handle all the packages that Need mod_php?  how
do I do this cleanly?

--- snp ---

# pkg_delete mod_php4-4.3.5_7,1
pkg_delete: package 'mod_php4-4.3.5_7,1' is required by these other packages
and may not be deinstalled:
gallery-1.4.4.2
gallery-1.4.4.4
php4-bz2-4.3.9_1