GPU / GPL

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at clunix.cl.msu.edu
Mon Dec 13 10:18:27 PST 2004

> Hi
>
> Thinking of adding your version of Linux to my product base , can i do
> this as well as using any documentation and logos on your site - referring
> to your site with all texts / logos used

FreeBSD is not Linux.    It is a different OS.
It is not based on Linux.    It has a different history with older
roots than Linux.     From the main web site:   http://www.freebsd.org/
you can find history and technical information that can straighten you
out on this and other things.  Follow some of the links.

On that same web site, you can find pointers that clearly and completely
explain the copyright and distribution requirements for FreeBSD and
its relaited products and logos.

////jerry