running scripts on FreeBSD 5.3

Alistair Bryan abryan at tsimshatsui.co.uk
Sun Dec 12 12:34:06 PST 2004

Hi there,

I've recently installed v5.3 and am completely new to FreeBSD.

I downloaded and a driver for my adsl modem and, following the
instructions which came with the software, compiled the program.

In order to run it I tried to run one of the supplied scripts and got
the following error:

bash-2.05b# ./eci-doctor.sh
[: unexpected operator
You are using linux kernel version 5.3-RELEASE
./eci-doctor.sh: 48: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

Line 48 has the line function fatal () {

I created a directory whch I called adsl andcompiled the program in there.

What am I doing wrong?
Do I need to include this directory in the path?

T.I.A.

Ali