FreeBSD or OpenBSD

Jay Moore jaymo at cromagnon.cullmail.com
Sat Dec 11 17:04:50 PST 2004

On Sunday 05 December 2004 03:47 pm, Damien Hull wrote:
> I've been a FreeBSD user for a while now and I love it. I'm running 4.10
> and plan on upgrading soon. I'm also an OpenBSD user but I tend to use
> it for firewalls and routers. I setup Apache and Subversion on OpenBSD
> 3.6 last week. This is the first time I have ever done anything other
> then a firewall on OpenBSD.
>
> I'm thinking about using OpenBSD on more servers. Before I do that I
> would like to know what people on the list think.

Asking such a question makes you sound a little limp-wristed, frankly.

Here's how you should decide: Go to the OpenBSD mailing list archives, select
25 or so threads at random, and read them. Do the same for the FreeBSD
mailling list archives. Then, make your decision. And remember, it's not like
getting married - you can change your mind anytime you like.

Jay