Reasonable Hyperterminal alternative?

Adam Fabian afabian at austin.rr.com
Fri Dec 10 20:42:27 PST 2004

On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 12:15:38AM +0000, Colin J. Raven wrote:
> I'm seeking a reasonable alternative to WinXP/2000 Hyperterminal as
> a console application (for serial port access to a no-graphics card
> box).

I tried using HyperTerminal to access the serial console of my OpenBSD
router.  It locked up on just about anything higher that 9600 when
switching from the bootloader to the rest of the system.  I ended up
using TeraTerm, which is free, and worked adequately.

--
Adam Fabian (afabian at austin.rr.com)