AMD Athlon XP 3200+ and reboots under load...

Minnesota Slinky mnslinky at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 10 19:36:36 PST 2004

Hello list.

I am in the process of doing a major upgrade to my
home server.  I purchased an Asus A7V600-X
motherboard, an AMD Athlon XP 3200+ processor, and
installed 1GB of DDR 400 memory.  If it matters, I've
got two 120 GB Maxtor HDDs in a RAID 1 array.  The
problem I'm having is that the system reboots half-way
through a make buildworld.  I'm guessing this has to
do with heat, but I'm not sure.

Does anyone have any insight?  I've tried telling the
BIOS to ignore the proc/mobo temp.  Not sure yet if
that's working.

Thanks for the input!

Eric F Crist                  "I am so smart,
S.M.R.T!"
Secure Computing Networks              -Homer J
Simpson