configuration of "XFree86"

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at clunix.cl.msu.edu
Fri Dec 10 14:16:03 PST 2004

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for help.
> I have another question for you.

You should send your questions to the list rather than me personally.
Chances are good someone else out there can answer better than I can.
In this case that would be true.
Maybe you just accidently missed using the group reply (reply all).

> I'm trying to install and configurate "KDE"
> I was using this commands:
> #cd /usr/ports/x11/kde3(it worked)
> #make install clean(this comand did not work)
>
> it gave me and error :Long file. On the end of the file it says :
> >>couldn't fetch it - please try to retrieve this port manually into
> >>/usr/ports/distfiles/KDE/koffice and try again
> ***Error code1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/editors/koffice-kde3.
>
> So , what I have to do now?
> If I understand it properly, I have to retrieve certain port manually.
> But I do not know how to do it.

Well, you have to go in to the Makefiles and find out where is was
trying to get that chunk and then go their your self with ftp or
find another site for it.

Actually, I usually just try again later and find that it then
does everything OK - there was just something temporarily down
when I was trying before.   But, in some cases you really do have
to go and do something special.

Also, post to the list, because someone else out there probably
has already solved that same problem.   I haven't had any trouble
with KDE.

////jerry