mysql connect problems

Peter Risdon peter at circlesquared.com
Fri Dec 10 13:44:04 PST 2004

Jorn Argelo wrote:

>>>Have you issued the command similair like GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO
>>>'youruser at localhost';
>>
>>Yes: I ran both of these commands as root:
>>GRANT ALL ON wikidb.* TO wikiuser;
>>GRANT ALL ON mtdb.* TO mtuser;
>>FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
>

> AFAIK you must type 'wikiuser at localhost' (including the quotes). If that
> doesn't work, then I don't know it either. Perhaps somebody else on the list
> has an idea?

I have found it's best to connect to the database you want to grant the
privileges on before issuing the GRANT command. This doesn't seem to be
the way it's documented, but it works for me. You might also consider
using passwords...

mysql>\u wikidb
mysql>GRANT ALL on wikidb.* to wikiuser at localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
mysql>\u mtdb
mysql>GRANT ALL on mtdb.* to mtuser at localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'password';

Peter.

--

the circle squared

network systems and software