mysql won't start on boot

Vonleigh Simmons nospam at illusionart.com
Fri Dec 10 06:38:48 PST 2004

>>     It still won't start up on its own after I reboot. However doing:
>>
>> # /usr/local/bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql --datadir=/var/db/mysql
>> --pid-file=/var/db/mysql/my_hostname.pid
>
> Ok forget that last question, I found the answer, check the startup
> script is running the correct command, I found that in the start up
> script the command wasnt right ie.
> command="/usr/local/bin/safe_mysqld"
>
> So I changed it to:
>
> command="/usr/local/bin/mysqld_safe"

	That's not it either:

# grep command /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server.sh
command="/usr/local/bin/mysqld_safe"

	This is very strange. The command I'm using I pulled almost copying
and pasting from the script, so it should be the same; yet it still
won't start on bootup.

Vonleigh Simmons
<http://illusionart.com/>