Brighstor ARCserve Backup for Linux on FreeBSD

Piotr Gnyp toread at discordia.pl
Fri Dec 10 03:16:16 PST 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 02:51:44PM -0800, pete wright wrote:
> to help you out we will most likely need more info on your system.  a
> dmesg will help, as well as a "uname."  also do you have /compat/linux
> installed?  if so which version?  is the install script a perl file,
> shell script of compiled binary?  if it's a script is it calling the
> /compat/linux sh?  i think you get the idea ;)

uname -r
5.3-RELEASE-p2

kldstat
Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1    5 0xc0400000 5e4674   kernel
 2    1 0xc1a17000 17000    linux.ko

pkg_info | grep linux
linux_base-7.1_7    The base set of packages needed in Linux mode
linuxdoc-1.1_1      The Linuxdoc SGML DTD
linuxthreads-2.2.3_16 POSIX pthreads implementation using rfork to generate
kerne
sgmlformat-1.7_2    Generates groff and HTML from linuxdoc and docbook SGML
doc

script:
http://discordia.pl/~toread/install (i hope CA wont mind... if so, i`ll take
it off)

I`ve tried to run it witch chrooted bash to /compat/linux with little
success.